Natural Birthing Set
A perfect set if you are planning for a natural & drug-free birth! Makes a perfect gift set for any new and anxious mom-to-be!
Raspberry Leaf Tea: It is believed that raspberry leaf, if taken regularly through pregnancy and labour can:
- Ease the symptoms of morning sickness.
- Sooth and prevent bleeding gums which many pregnant women often experience.
- Relax the smooth muscles of the uterus when it is contracting (Burn & Withell, 1941).
- Assist with the birth of the baby and the placenta.
- Calm cramping of the uterus.
- Provide a rich source of iron, calcium, manganese and magnesium. The magnesium content is especially helpful in strengthening the uterine muscles. Raspberry leaf also contains vitamins B1, B3 and E which are valuable in pregnancy.
Perineal Massage Oil: Perineal massage is the gentle stretching and massaging of the perineum (skin between the anus and vagina) during the last few weeks of pregnancy. This has been shown to reduce the incidence of episiotomy and perineal tears during childbirth.
Heavenly Lavender: This Heavenly Lavender sachet for your Labor Sock is the perfect size to take with you while you're in labor. Just tuck it in your hospital bag for instant, any-time access to this little soothing wonder.
Sitz Bath for perineal healing: This herbal blend is a must-have for new mothers! This popular herbal sitz bath heals and soothes perineal discomfort, including tears and swelling.
After a vaginal birth, a woman is likely to have sore vaginal tissues. This may be aggravated by a swollen perineum, "skid marks", a tear, an episiotomy, and/or hemorrhoids. One of the most helpful ways to assist in healing and lend comfort at the same time, is using a sitz bath.
A sitz bath is a plastic bowl that fits over the toilet seat. Alternatives to a buying a sitz bath are using a large, shallow basin or the bathtub to soak in (for about 10 to 20 minutes) a day.